Nepal as a Country
Nepal is a small but beautiful country in the Himalayan mountain range. Nepal is situated in the north of India and south of China. Around 75 percent of the country is covered by mountains. The biggest mountain, Everest is in Nepal. Kathmandu is the Capital of Nepal. In Nepal, majority of the population is Hindu, but a small percentage follows Buddhism or other religious faiths. Eight of the 10 highest peaks in the world, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga (on the border to Sikkim) are in Nepal. The birthplace of Lord Buddha that is Lumbini also lies in this region.
MBBS in Nepal for Indian students
Nepal medical universities have excellent infrastructure . The duration of MBBS course in Nepal is 6 years including internship just as in India. You can take admission in MBBS course in MCI approved medical colleges.
5 Benefits of MBBS in Nepal for Indian students
- No visa required to study MBBS in Nepal.
- Excellent environment and culture.
- Recognition of MBBS degree in India and throughout the world.
- High quality education.
- Affordable course fee.
Top Nepal Medical Universities/Colleges for Indian Students
- U. Manipal Academy
- B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS)
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
- KIST Medical College
- Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu
- Patan Academy of Health Sciences
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS In Nepal
- Candidates having 17 years of age or more than 17 years at the time of their applications are eligible to apply for the MBBS program in Nepal.
- Students who have completed their 12th exam with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and have secured 50% or above marks in the above mentioned subjects plus an overall aggregate of 50%.
- NEET qualified.