Philippines as a Country
Philippines is a country of more than 7,000 islands, but the most of its fast-growing population lives on just 11 of them.
Philippines is a mountainous and earthquake prone country and there are around 20 active volcanoes.
Philippines was a Spanish colony for more than three centuries and named after a 16th century Spanish king. Spanish and US influences can be seen in terms of language, religion and government. Self-rule in 1935 was followed by full independence in 1946 under a US-style constitution.
MBBS in Philippines for Indian students
MBBS in Philippines is one of the best places for Indian students to study high quality Medical Education. Philippines has a 90% literacy rate. It proves that
Education is of primary concern in the country.
Philippines is one of the largest English – Speaking countries in the Southeast Asian region. English issued as a medium of instruction in higher education. It is known for its highest standard of education, high– caliber education institutions.
It offers Doctor of Medicine or MD degree which is equivalent to MBBS in Indian System of Education.
Benefits of MBBS in Philippines for Indian students
Many parents from India believe that Philippines is one of the best education destinations for their children to Study MBBS, as it offers quality medical education that comes with a lot of benefits…
- MBBS in Philippines is cost effective. Tuition fee is affordable and being paid on installment basis.
- Affordable living and accommodation expenses.
- Modern teaching techniques and superior quality medical education combined with world class amenities.
- Medium of instruction is purely English.
- MBBS in Philippines follows the US education system thus students will have the credit transfer options to continue to study medicine in America.
- 1 out of every 10 doctors practicing in America is medical graduates from the Philippines.
- MBBS in Philippines comes with a great cultural diversity in the college campus.
- MBBS in Philippines prepares you for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination).
Top Philippines Medical Universities/Colleges for Indian Students
- Emilio Aguinaldo College - School of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help Rizal
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Lyceum Northwestern University
- Southwestern University
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS In Philippines
The Philippines is the leading higher MD/MBBS education destination for students around the world. Philippines has developed a Medical education system similar to the USA. The education system is just so good that Philippines has sent Thousands of Doctors and engineers to work in the USA, UK, Middle east etc along with other professionals.
- Students who have 50% marks in PCB in +2 can are eligible to apply in Universities in Philippines.
- Candidates need to pass NEET exam with passing marks.