U.A.E as a Country
U.A.E. or United Arab Emirates or Emirates, is a country in Western Asia sharing land borders with Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south and west. Abu Dhabi is the capital and Dubai is the largest city of UAE. Islam is the main religion and UAE dirham (AED), is the currency of UAE and Arabic is the official language.
MBBS in UAE For Indian Students
Lots of Indian students prefer to pursue MBBS from Dubai or other cities of UAE. An increase in the number of indian students pursuing MBBS from UAE has been noticed since the last
few years. MBBS in UAE is a full time program which enables international students to obtain the degree in UAE and start practicing in the home country right after qualifying the country's
licensing examination. MBBS in UAE is a 5/6 years course depending upon the university. Some offer it for 5 years while in others this extends upto 6 years.
Dubai is a great place for Indian students looking to establish their careers in the field of medicine. The universities offering MBBS degrees have good world ranking and this degree is recognized globally and by MCI both.
MBBS in UAE includes extensive teaching, preclinical and clinical phases followed by internship for 6 years program. The initial 2 and half years are for the preclinical phase and emphasize on the theoretical studies. Each academic year consists of 2 semesters. On successfully qualifying the preclinical phase, a student is promoted to the clinical phase which involves emphasis on the practical study in the hospital settings along with theoretical lectures. The teachings are carried out in the hospitals, clinics, healthcare centers and facilities provided by Dubai Health Authority .
Students are trained to acquire technical and clinical skills required to practice medicine. Students are divided into small groups to practice and examine patients under the supervision of trained staff. This phase includes ward rounds, observations in the OT and procedures, group discussions and case studies. After the clinical phase, one year of internship is mandatory to complete the degree.
Benefits Of MBBS in UAE For Indian Students
- Quality of education is high in the UAE. A high literacy rate of the country means qualified faculty to teach.
- A short duration course that yields you a medical degree. Hard work on the end of student is an obvious requirement to be a doctor
- The degrees granted are globally recognized and the students qualifying from medical schools of UAE are eligible to write the licensing examinations of various countries of the globe.
- A variety of jobs at clinics available at the clinics and hospitals to provide international exposure to the students.
- The country has a highly developed healthcare infrastructure with modern medical facilities that are easily accessible.
- An international exposure along with learning of a new culture is an obvious advantage.
- UAE is a very safe and hospitable country. It has connectivity with the major countries of the globe. Hence travelling to UAE is also very easy.
Top Medical College/Universities In UAE For Indian Students
- Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sceince (MBRU)
- United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- Khalifa University
- Gulf Medical University (GMU)
- Ajman University (AU)
- Rak Medical And Health Sciences University (RAKMHSU)
- University Of Sharjah (UOS)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in UAE
- An applicant must be minimum 17 yes of age as on 31st Dec in the year of applying for admission.
- An applicant must have completed minimum 12 years of schooling.
- An applicant must have studied Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in 10th, 11th and 12th standards. Studying English is a mandatory requirement for an Indian national.
- Minimum 75% in 10+2 for an Indian national.
- In Indian applicant must be NEET qualified Non-UAE applicants must submit an Equivalency Certificate of their High School from Ministry of Education, UAE.
- English Language Proficiency in either of these tests is required.
- TOEFL- iBT higher than 61
- IELTS- minimum 5 bands for Academic.
- PTE scores- 36-44
- Cambridge ESOL- 41
- EmSAT (Emirates Standardized Language Test)- 1100.
- An applicant must be medically fit.
- Qualification to the university entrance examination followed by a short online interview.