What is MBBS?
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), is a professional Undergraduate Degree course in medical science that can be completed
from a college accredited by the Medical Council of India. Professionals holding MBBS degrees are referred by the title of "Doctor" and
use the prefix "Dr".
Eligibility for MBBS is 10 + 2 with minimum 50% marks and Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Zoology and English as mandatory subjects. A medical aspirant wishing to get admission in MBBS needs to clear NEET exam conducted by NTA(National Testing Agency)
The duration of MBBS course is five years and 6 months including 1 year of rotational internship at hospitals, health centres, and health camps organised by NGOs.
Admission in MBBS programs in government colleges is highly competitive because of subsidized education.
MBBS fee in government colleges is low but in private colleges it is very high and in some colleges it can go above 1 Cr.
Why to study MBBS?
Profession of a doctor is one of the noblest professions and MBBS is the gateway to become a doctor in India. Here are some benefits of choosing MBBS as a career.
Perfect job security
High paid salary
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMC)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
- King George's Medical University
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- Grant Medical College and Sir Jamshedjee Jeejeebhoy Group of Hospitals
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 with 50% from any recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, Zoology/Botany and English should be mandatory subjects in their higher secondary level of education (10+2).
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years before looking for admission in MBBS course.
- Candidates need to qualify the NEET with a good score to get admission in MBBS.
- Students belonging from the reserved category must have a minimum percentage of 40% in 10+2.
- All the students will have to fulfill all the eligibility requirements mentioned by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Fortis Hospital Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd etc.
- Max hospitals
- Fortis Hospital
- Medanta Hospital
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd etc.
This profession provides perfect job security as the requirements of a doctor or related professionals will always be there till the life on earth exists. After completing the degree, one has the opportunity to work in a Govt/private hospitals, health centres etc. One can also open his own clinic or go abroad.
Medical field is constantly changing with new research in science and technology. If you want to learn new things and are interested
in continuous learning then this field is only for you.
New diseases, viruses, bacteria, disorders etc. always force scientists to research and come up with solutions. The demand for fast treatment and recovery, use of new instruments, techniques to reduce pain and discomfort etc. will make this field to change rapidly.
Careers in the medical fields are among one of the highest paying career options. Around 6 years long study is really rewarding once a medical aspirant completes the course. An increase in the demand for medical professionals is one of the reasons for high salary in this field.
The job of a Doctor is the most respectable and ‘Noble profession’ in the whole world. They save lives and are often given a title,
‘next to god’. They practise their skill in the field of medicine and cure diseases of people.
There are different types of doctors such as; Physicians, Surgeons, Orthodontist, Gynaecologist, Dentist, ETC. But, regardless of type, all doctors have one thing in common that they have genuine desire to help people. And that is the reason why this profession is considered one of the most respected careers in India.
Top Medical College in India…
Eligibility for Admission in MBBS In India
Here are the eligibility requirements for students to get MBBS admission in India.
MBBS Entrance Exams
Now, there is only one exam to get admission in MBBS in government/private/deemed medical college/university in any
part of India, it’s NEET(UG)(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
NEET (UG) or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) is a single entrance examination for medical aspirants who want to pursue medical courses like MBBS/BDS/Ayush/BVSc Courses in India or Abroad. NEET (UG) is currently conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). MBBS admission in different colleges depends on your NEET score. Higher the NEET score, higher will be the chances of getting admission in a good medical college. Due to low availability of MBBS seats in comparison with number of students attempting the NEET makes it mandatory to score good in NEET to get admission in MBBS.
Top Employers after completing MBBS
After completing MBBS degree, one can get a job in Government/Private hospitals, Healthcare centres, Pharmaceutical Companies, Poly clinics or open his own clinic after getting license from MCI. Here are some top recruiters..